Re: [LAU] Jack hanging when a usb soundcard is disconnected

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 17 2015 - 21:49:14 EEST

On Sat, 17 Oct 2015, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:

> This is a long-standing problem. While it is not intentional, sometimes
> newcomers to jack on Linux tend to pull out the soundcard (USB) before
> shutting down jack. This results in jack permanently hanging to the

Just one more reason why USB Audio Interfaces are not a good replacement
for PCI(e) Audio Interfaces. USB devices seem to randomly vanish without
anyone touching the plug even. My 10 year old PCI AI is more stable (and
can do lower latency) than any USB device I have tried yet.

Even my USB qwerty keyboard comes and goes sometimes.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net