Re: [LAU] muse registration fails

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Wed Oct 21 2015 - 17:31:30 EEST

On Wed, 21 Oct 2015 16:20:11 +0200, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
>Hello Ralf,
>
>On 10/21/2015 04:13 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> Websites using CAPTCHAs are a PITA. You most likely did _not_ enter
>> the correct text. If you have bad luck it could take days, month,
>> years, before you entered the correct text. Some CAPTCHAs are easy to
>> use, but I always feel oppression if I need to enter a CAPTCHA.
>>
>> Usually it's impossible to distinguish aob from aOb or a0b and some
>> CAPTCHAs seem to be case-sensitive, at least they use numbers and
>> letters. Depending to the kind of CAPTCHA an o or O could be a D or c
>> and a even a t could be a r.
>>
>> Even some terminal fonts make it impossible to distinguish an I from
>> a l or a 1.
>>
>> Unfortunately they use the same CAPTCHAs if a user wants to contact
>> them.
>>
>> For Linux only it's easier to request the output of cryptic commands,
>> users just need to copy and paste from a terminal. Uncomfortable if
>> somebody wants to register from a mobile phone, or if the command is
>> to cryptic, e.g. "foo 'bar'" without the quotes is often copied as
>> foo 'bar with a mising '
>
>Let's try to help each other instead of rambling. The OP inquires about
>ideas, not opinions ;)

The help is within my words, please read my post again.

"Be patient, try again, each hour try it for 5 or 10 minutes. You most
likely did not type the correct characters".

If the above hint shouldn't be enough, log in
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lmuse/ and drop a note there or join
request there.

Hth,
Ralf