Re: [LAU] killling zombie jack

From: Neil C Smith <neilcsmith.net@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 24 2015 - 13:56:33 EEST

On 24 October 2015 at 07:31, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net> wrote:
>> On 23.10.2015, at 20:11, Neil C Smith <neilcsmith.net@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>> So any system that includes jackdbus will auto-start through dbus.
>
> I've got /bin/jackd and /bin/jackdbus on my Arch Linux. If neither jackd nor jackdbus is running and I launch Qtractor, then jackd gets started, not jackdbus.

Yes, ignore that bit - same behaviour here. Sorry, the quote from the
readme seems to ignore the fact that if both jackd (classic) and
jackdbus are set to build, the classic auto-start mechanism will be
used by default (though that can be overridden)

Doesn't, AFAIK, change the fact that the auto-start behaviour is baked
in at compile time. Does make me slightly more surprised that Atte is
seeing jackdbus auto-start.

Neil

--
Neil C Smith