Re: [LAU] A Project To Upgrade seq24

From: Florian Paul Schmidt <mista.tapas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 10 2015 - 10:40:42 EET

On 12/09/2015 09:17 PM, oli_kester wrote:
> Hi Seq24 users,
>
> For my final year university project, I am taking on an overhaul of
> seq24. Below is an excerpt from my project proposal - the list of
> features I would like to implement -

Hi, a couple of years ago I did a little midi timing benchmark which
included seq24 and sadly it had pretty bad jitter.

https://web.archive.org/web/20071224212956/http://tapas.affenbande.org/w
ordpress/?page_id=56

even when patched to use a high priority.

The website has long gone down, but the other pages in the menu might
still have some valuable information since seq24 is from way back, too :
)

With the arrival of jack_midi this kind of benchmarking is probably
not as important anymore, but afaik seq24 still uses alsa-midi?

Flo

--
https://fps.io