Re: [LAU] Jack sample-rate

From: Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Dec 12 2015 - 17:25:28 EET

On Sat, 12 Dec 2015 16:12:02 +0100
Filipe Coelho <falktx@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On 12.12.2015 16:07, Paul Davis wrote:
> > On Sat, Dec 12, 2015 at 9:57 AM, Filipe Coelho <falktx@email-addr-hidden
> > <mailto:falktx@email-addr-hidden>> wrote:
> >
> > This is by using switch-master.
> > You can change your entire JACK setup on the fly, including the
> > selected soundcard.
> >

> > effectively, the instance is stopped and restarted. all ports and port
> > connections go away, unless recreated by whatever does the restart.
>
> The system ports do go away and appear again, but all existing clients
> stay unchanged.
>
> As far as clients are concerned, jack never stopped.

So then all the clients have to stop, re-calculate timings buffers etc. then
restart. How do you syncronise that?

This seems like a sledgehammer to crack a nut, and apart from the OP's specific
situation I can't think of a use-case that's critical enough to justify it.

Also, as the OP is wanting this for DJ work wouldn't it be simpler to accept
some additional latency and pass the offending tracks through a 'live'
samplerate converter?

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk