Re: [LAU] CPU and mobo

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Fri Dec 18 2015 - 14:39:06 EET

Thank you all for the hints.

At the moment I only can pay for a dual-core and it seems not to matter if I chose an AMD or Intel CPU. The disadvantage of Intel is, that I unlikely will be able to replace the dual-core by a quad-core within this and the next life, while replacing an AMD dual-core with an AMD quad-core likely would be possible within 2 or 3 month, assumed it should gain something.

I still need to continue comparing CPUs, mobos and dealers. At the moment I'm in favor of an Intel Celeron Dual-Core G1840, 2x 2.8 GHz, 54 W, generation Haswell, SSE 4.x, assumed more cores shouldn't gain much for audio and MIDI usage.

When avoiding ASUS and ASRock, then I'm in favor of one of those mobos (at the moment):

MSI H81M ECO
1x PCI
2x PS/2
Military Class 4 and TÜV certifications (durability, less power consumption)

Gigabyte GA-H81M-HD3
2xPCI
1xPS/2
There are claims about a high power consumption and I found no information about durability.

Actually I own two envy24 PCI cards and just one PS/2 keyboard, the mouse is USB.
However, assumed a single PCI slot shouldn't suffer from a shared IRQ, then I not necessarily need a second for the other PCI card. I don't know if it matters, assumed a mobo wouldn't provide PS/2 at all.

"Military Class 4 and TÜV certifications" sounds promising. Haven't verified if UEFI could be disabled.

Regards,
Ralf
_______________________________________________
Linux-audio-user mailing list
Linux-audio-user@lists.linuxaudio.org
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/listinfo/linux-audio-user
Received on Fri Dec 18 16:15:01 2015

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.8 : Fri Dec 18 2015 - 16:15:01 EET