Re: [LAU] KXStudio as the regular distro ?

From: Harry van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Dec 19 2015 - 22:38:58 EET

On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 7:27 PM, jonetsu@email-addr-hidden <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
wrote:

> Hello !

Hi,

> Is it possible to replace an all-purpose distro like Linux Mint by
> KXStudio and have the same basic functionality ?

KXStudio is repository of packages, in addition to a "normal" install. So
"basic-functionality" is the exact same. Details on how to add KX repos
here:
http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/Repositories

> Any
> drawbacks in running KXStudio as a main distro ?

Nope, no drawbacks at all - you will get more up-to-date audio packages,
and probably *more* audio packages too. I enable the KX repos on all of my
Debian/Ubuntu installs.

Hope that helps, -Harry

--
http://www.openavproductions.com