Re: [LAU] KXStudio as the regular distro ?

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sun Dec 20 2015 - 00:19:26 EET

On Sat, 19 Dec 2015 13:39:13 -0800 (PST), Len Ovens wrote:
>On Sat, 19 Dec 2015, Harry van Haaren wrote:
>
>> Nope, no drawbacks at all - you will get more up-to-date audio
>> packages, and probably *more* audio packages too. I enable the KX
>> repos on all of my Debian/Ubuntu installs.
>
>Including some packages like Linux Sampler that will never get to
>debian so far as I can tell.

IIRC some packages, perhaps linuxsampler too, were installed to /opt
and compiled not to use shared libraries. This doesn't cause
dependencies issues, but OTOH it is a step away from the shared
libraries approach. So it's important to test distros and to question
policies, regarding the individual needs.