Re: [LAU] CPU and mobo

From: Bob van der Poel <bob@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 20 2015 - 04:31:01 EET

I think that just about any combination these days will do the job MUCH
better than we imagined just a few years ago. I got a Gigabyte mobo a few
years ago with a Intel i5-4570 running at 3.20GHz. I sometimes sneak a look
at the cpu graphs and other than when I'm converting a video or something
equally cpu intensive, the graph seldom gets about 5% of use. And with 8gig
of RAM I don't think I've ever gone into swap.

My only complaint with the gigabyte board is that it doesn't recognize my
logictech "gaming" keyboard on boot. I think it might be the fact that it
has a usb port on the keyboard. So, if I want to access the bios I need to
plug in a different keyboard.

**** Listen to my FREE CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: bob@email-addr-hidden
WWW:   http://www.mellowood.ca