Re: [LAU] which lau distro is more commandline friendly?

From: Karen Lewellen <klewellen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 22 2015 - 05:26:11 EET

Oh for heaven sake.
have you any idea how many populations, for various reasons, use speech
synthesizers as apart of their computing?
Like those with dyslexia and other print challenges, autism, other
cognitive disorders, and of course those for whom speech itself is an
issue?
No matter how well meaning you may think you are being, to suggest that
all those who may, or may not share a label based on the use of technology
commonly built into general commercial products are the same is to
project a counterproductive stereotype.
I haven't the vaguest notion who you are referring to save that they do
not live here. still I respect them enough as people to know with 100%
firmness that they are living their own experiences creating in their own
ways, and worthy of my deciding that they are not automatically
expert on my needs, any more than I am expert on theirs.