[LAU] Linuxaudio.org server migration

From: Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 27 2016 - 06:12:56 EET

All,

As some of you may be already aware, this past December I was notified
our current virtual server that hosts a broad array of outreach
services, including these mailing lists, will be decommissioned at the
end of this month. Since, I've been working on securing the
infrastructure and ongoing support onto a brand new physical blade. I am
pleased to report we are at the very end of what has proven to be a
fairly intense journey (needless to mention I learned a lot more than I
ever wanted to about sysadmin). Our new setup is considerably more
powerful and I am confident it will offer a significant improvement in
performance over the old one. As we enter the final stage in the porting
process, there will be a brief downtime tentatively scheduled for 11am
Eastern Time (East US Coast) tomorrow, Wednesday, January 27th. During
this time, you will experience inability to access hosted services,
including web and mailing lists. My intent is to have the transition
complete as quickly as we can do the final rsync and IP address
reconfiguration. I will let you know as soon as we've completed this
final step. Thank you for your support and understanding.

Best,

--
Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Associate Professor