[LAU] formuls makes music!

From: jrdooley <james@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 01 2016 - 09:07:30 EET

Hi Linux Audio Users!

Today is the digital release of my algorithmically controlled music
project "entryiseasierthantheexit". Inspired by Vitor Azevedo's
paintings "Entry" and "Exit", the project features two EPs:
"entryiseasierthantheexit_entry" and "entryiseasierthantheexit_exit".
Each consists of a collection of sonic scenes produced by what I have
called the formuls algo-synth: a set of Pd patches/modules that perform
additive and subtractive synthesis, slicing, sequencing and effects.
These are all controlled by touchscreen interfaces to generate control
algorithms for each module.

The EPs were recorded and produced with Bitwig, using a host of LV2s
(such as the fantastic Calf plugins) and Linux VST plugins, and mastered
using JAMin. The EPs are available for download at
http://formuls.bandcamp.com/ and they are free/"name you price"!

You can also see a promo video (thanks to Niccolò Granieri and Integra
Lab) of a live improvisation with the formuls algo-synth here:
https://vimeo.com/152834125

Enjoy and let me know what you think!
James aka formuls