Re: [LAU] getting gstreamer and jack to play ball

From: theo <theo_linuxaudio@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 03 2016 - 02:28:05 EET

On 02/01/2016 03:46 PM, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> On 01/29/2016 11:46 PM, theo wrote:
<snip>
>> In general I'm both impressed by and worried about the state of linux
>> audio - a lot is possible but to get things working is (imho) much
>> harder than it should be.
> Hello Theo,
>
> Welcome to the list! Why would you need Gstreamer and JACK for playing
> songs? Why not just use PulseAudio? Or am I missing something?
>
> Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

The reasons I chose Jack were that it looked the more capable system and
because I had memories of a friend of mine getting frustrated and very
angry (sometime ago) because PulseAudio didn't work.
Apparently the last issue has been solved, and PulseAudio may be able to
do the job too. I don't know. It might as well be just as problematic to
set-up.

cheers, Theo