Re: [LAU] LAC is dead! Long live miniLAC!

From: Chris Cannam <cannam@email-addr-hidden-day-breakfast.com>
Date: Wed Feb 03 2016 - 22:46:03 EET

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016, at 08:04 PM, David Runge wrote:
> We've come to the conclusion that doing a full LAC at the announced date
> is impossible, as our sponsoring setup didn't work out, therefore we have
> decided to go ahead with a miniLAC instead.

I think this looks like a nice recovery from an impossibly tough
situation with funding. You're not the only hosting organisation to have
failed to put together the funds to host LAC this year, but you must by
far be the one that has tried the hardest.

I was never going able to make these particular dates (so hey, I can
help keep your numbers down!) -- but I wish I could be there, because I
think a less formal mini-conference in and around town in Berlin sounds
like a great deal of fun. All the best with it!

Chris