[LAU] Linux Music/Audio Community

From: Stephen Doonan <stephen.doonan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 04 2016 - 17:45:57 EET

---
It's great to be able to type at the computer again and communicate a
little with the international Linux-oriented audo/music community, and
to practice piano after a long break due to cancer and cancer treatment.
My right arm and hand were disabled, so typing at the computer and
playing piano has been part of the therapy in trying to recover as much
use as possible of my right arm.
I'm a long-time musician and fairly long-time Linux user (since the late
1990s). I've been grateful over the years to be able to use Ardour
(digital audio / MIDI) and Qtractor and RoseGarden (MIDI / digital
audio), Jack, Jamin and the many wonderful audio/music related apps for
Linux.
=======================================
My current music work environment--
Computer: Linux operating system
Keyboard: Yamaha CP5 88-key digital piano
Sound Modules: Roland Integra-7, Fantom XR
Rack gear: Rane mixers (SM 26B, SM 82), DBX patchbay
Audio / MIDI interface: Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
Apps: Ardour (audio recording / editing), Qtractor (MIDI recording /
editing)
=======================================
I've uploaded some recent recordings of some of my original material to
Soundcloud (performed as well as I can manage at this time)--
https://soundcloud.com/stephendoonan/
--and am so happy to be composing again and to be recovering some of my
ability to play the instrument of my choice, and am happy to be able to
communicate with other people in the Linux-oriented audio and music
community again. Thank you.
Best wishes,
Steve Doonan
New Mexico, US