Re: [LAU] PianoTeq and Linux

From: Stephen Doonan <stephen.doonan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 10 2016 - 16:34:31 EET

On 02/10/2016 02:34 AM, Gerald Mwangi wrote:
> Are you sure it's an lv2?? I bought PianoTeq play some years ago and
> along with it came a linuxvst. ...
> Gerald / JimsonDrift

Christopher Arndt already answerd the question (yes, PianoTeq 5 comes
with a standalone desktop app plus both VST and LV2 plugins), here is a
little relevant info from the PianoTeq 5 readme--

--------------- Pianoteq as a VST plugin -----------------

Pianoteq also comes as a native linux VST -- this is the "Pianoteq 4.so"
file. You can then load it in linux hosts that handle native VSTs,
such as Renoise, energyXT, or Ardour3.

--------------- Pianoteq as an LV2 plugin -----------------

The folder "Pianoteq 4.lv2" may be copied into your ~/.lv2/ folder if
you want to use Pianoteq as an lv2 instrument. Your host should
support the "LV2 State extension" if you want it to be able to save
and restore the pianoteq state in your projects. It should also
support the "X11 UI extension", or "External UI extension" if you want
to show the Pianoteq GUI.

Just as a personal note, PianoTeq is the best digital piano I've ever
played (of both sampled and modeled pianos in both hardware (keyboards
and rack-mounted tone generators) and software) and sounds better than
almost all acoustic pianos I've played. And to find that it works so
well in Linux was a very pleasant surprise. :-)

Steve