Re: [LAU] soundcloud social environment

From: David Santamauro <david.santamauro@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 12 2016 - 01:14:59 EET

On 02/11/2016 07:58 AM, set wrote:
> On 2016-02-10 01:37, jonetsu@email-addr-hidden wrote:

<snip>

> I see these services fit, embedded in a post one your own website. As
> standalone, since all of those services are prone to the myspace-death,
> you don't want to spend time promoting that, effectively risking having
> to start over the entire promotion process. You better promote the post
> on your own website where the song is embeded, because if the service
> dies, you just embed another one on the same page, and the URL is safe. :)
>
> I see it like this: to reach out, be EVERYWHERE, and use ALL services.
> BUT use them as satelites to your own URL. Not the other way around. It
> makes me sad to find artist-pages being mere links to facebook and
> whatnot. It's like they are not interested in creating album-art, or
> giving me an experience they just want my demographics. And how hard can
> it be to sell music on your website? Well, probably equally hard as to
> sell files on the internet.

All well and good, but I can tell you first hand that when I was
actually making money creating arrangements and orchestrations, there
was absolutely no time nor money to develop and maintain (or pay someone
to maintain) my own web site -- multitasking is the biggest fallacy of
the modern era, you excel at something or are mediocre at many things
... jack of all trades, master of none.

David