Re: [LAU] Ardour: use case for monitor plug-in ?

From: <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 12 2016 - 23:41:36 EET

On Fri, 12 Feb 2016 21:34:54 +0100
fred <f.rech@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Le 12/02/2016 20:49, Paul Davis a écrit :

>> (listening) room correction would be one of the most obvious cases.

> What kind of plugin do you promote to do that room correction?

Good question. Another one would be how are the room corrections
managed regarding the final mix ? To this I would tend to think that
monitor room corrections would be acknowledged as being temporary eg.
people would explicitly know that what they hear is not final (well,
it's not since this is not the final mix, but you know what I mean).

Or, is it possible to actually make room corrections while maintaining
fidelity to what is recorded ? Is there a way to calibrate this ?

OK, make that three more questions :)

Cheers.