Re: [LAU] (Ardour) How to get rid of delay when recording ?

From: Daniel Sheeler <dsheeler@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 13 2016 - 23:18:53 EET

I'm assuming you're using jack... The delay is I think from your jack
buffer size and number of periods.  The smaller the jack buffer and
number of periods, the smaller you make the delay you hear.  I'm hoping
your buffer size is kinda big like 1024, whereas it could be as small
as maybe 32 or 64.  I am not sure what you'll need to make it before
you are fine with the delay.

All that said, do you know how to adjust the buffer size and number of
periods?  If so, try making buffer size smaller until you can tolerate
the echo.  Too small and you might get too many xruns.

Cheers,
Dan