Re: [LAU] (Ardour) How to get rid of delay when recording ?

From: <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 14 2016 - 02:15:06 EET

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 00:46:59 +0100
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net> wrote:

> To get rid of xruns during a recording you could try to record with
> some instruments/tracks disabled.
> Recording and mixing with different latency works when using Ardour,
> but not necessarily when using other DAWs. You could stay with one
> latency, if you're using monitoring that is independent of the
> software. Hardware monitoring could be very useful.

How I tend to see it is based on what is working up to now, and what is
the problem to solve/make better. Everything worked fine apart from
when recording acoustic guitar. Barely an xrun, maybe one each 3
months. Things went smoothly. Synths were OK. Now the buffer is
reduced to 256 and that is nice for recording acoustic guitar. But the
synths do not like it and things are a bit rough. I am now trying 512.

512 is borderline for guitar recording. Better than 1024. Synths are
seemingly happy. Please note that I haven't read any documentation
yet !

Hardware monitoring is also to be considered. I'll try more on this
tomorrow.