Re: [LAU] (Ardour) How to get rid of delay when recording ? - status so far

From: Joakim Hernberg <jhernberg@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 15 2016 - 21:22:05 EET

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 14:06:00 -0500
"jonetsu@email-addr-hidden" <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> OK, just saw the -P option :)
>
> Now it becomes very important to know where the heck the parameters
> for launching jackd are hidden so that it can be started properly at
> boot. I cannot use qjackctl since right now the buffer size defined in
> qjackctl is 128 while clearly jackd is launched with -p256, from
> Somewhere Else.

I'm not sure how to help with this.. Are you running JACK1 or JACK2?
Maybe dbus started? Hopefully someone else can help with configuring
it properly. Note that you can change the buffersize on a running JACK
server, but not all clients support it.

Personally I prefer to start it manually from the command line,
automatically when my client app starts, or manually using qjackctl.
In my case and since I use JACK1, the start parameters are in ~/.jackdrc

--
   Joakim