Re: [LAU] (Ardour) How to get rid of delay when recording ? - status so far

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 15 2016 - 23:39:51 EET

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 12:14:04 -0800 (PST), Len Ovens wrote:
>> If you want to use the installed PA-jack bridge, you need to start
>> jackdbus. Otherwise you need to start the source and sink manually.
>
> IIUC the OP experience issues when using QjackCtl.
>
> FWIW
>
> QjackCtl > Setup... > Misc > Enable D-Bus interface
> (could be enabled or disabled)

Many things said point to more than qjackctl being used to control jackd
and more than either jackd or jackdbus alone. It appears jackdbus is
started at session start for example which is atypical of the standard
qjackctl setup (not impossible, but takes a user knowing what they are
doing). The normal ways jackdbus gets started at session startup are
either a user created script like I and others use, or Cadence from
kxstudio repos. I don't remember if it defaults to auto start on or off,
but auto-start may be mistaken as to mean either start with session or
start with application start.

So I was trying to cover what other things may be going on.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net