Re: [LAU] (Ardour) How to get rid of delay when recording ? - status so far

From: <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 16 2016 - 00:48:35 EET

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 13:48:24 -0800 (PST)
Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Have to?

Yes. There is a race condition that prevents Ardour from exporting.
It was described by Robin Gareus. It is a quite old bug though, but
Linux Mint 17 version of jackd has it. So, I'm not really in the
'mood" of upgrading the OS to say, Mint 17.3. The easiest way I see is
to, simply, compile from upstream.

> I would normally say ./jackd should do it fine. however, I do not
> know if it uses libjack which would normally be grabbed from the
> installed version. I am thinking that libjack is what clients use
> except I can think of places a backend might use some of the same
> calls. a long winded way of saying I don't really know.

On a related topic, eg. the impossibly to export, what would be the
cleanest way to grab the stereo output from Ardour to a file ?