Re: [LAU] (Ardour) How to get rid of delay when recording ? - status so far

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 16 2016 - 02:09:12 EET

On 02/15/2016 01:16 PM, Robin Gareus and jonetsu@email-addr-hidden quoted and
wrote?:

>> On a related topic, eg. the impossibly to export, what would be the
>> cleanest way to grab the stereo output from Ardour to a file ?
>
> Just play it back and record the master bus output with "timemachine" or
> "jack_capture" or some other jack-audio recorder.

Having just discovered jack_capture's "-jt" (jack transport) option,
using it to record output of my DAW (Rosegarden) is very easy. Start
jack_capture, position the playback cursor in RG, then click the play
button on QJackCtl's Transport toolbar. :)

I presume Ardour can do the same thing.

--
David W. Jones
gnome@email-addr-hidden