Re: [LAU] Updated to kernel 4.4.1, missing module snd_ice1712 -> no more envy24 support?

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Fri Feb 19 2016 - 12:11:45 EET

On Fri, 19 Feb 2016 01:48:29 -0700 (MST), Menno wrote:
>Still not sure whether to update the mobo thou. I have a ASUS that
>dates from way back 2008 (!) with Intel COre 2 Duo E8400, 3 GHz.
>Can someone tell me if a 4 core Intel CPU will be significantly faster
>when it comes to audio processing?

An answer to this question doesn't help you very much, since the
combination of hardware is full of pitfalls. It's possible that you
can't get rid of xruns, even if minimal DSP load is reported, what
ever latency you chose, while the card doesn't share an IRQ.
Seemingly the combination of CPU + mobo + amount of RAM + audio card
and even the revision of the boards might be important.