Re: [LAU] Multiple asynchronous JACK chains resampled?

From: Jonathan Brickman <jeb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 24 2016 - 23:17:27 EET

> The main concern with this kind of setup is that it takes a little bit of
> effort to get into the right headspace to work with it. Once you are up
> and running it is a powerful system but if you step away for a few
> days/weeks you need some time to refresh on the more difficult tasks.
>
> When the system is running at full clock it is not much different from
> being at the helm of a busy cruiseliner or aircraft cockpit. And yes, the
> weather is a major concern.
>
> I think your solution to the session issue is a pretty elegant way of
> handling the problem. It's similar to how we run our systems too. When we
> are on we are on all the way. The main difference is that we can bring up
> and take down additional processing power without having a detrimental
> effect on the rest of the system.
Well, it is now very clear that the next order-of-magnitude does exist
in your hands, the way is clear! Real modularity, or better "the DAW is
the building" (I really do like that), is clearly the Qua Non of what I
am looking for. And forewarned, forearmed on the difficulty; I am
rubbing my hands in glee, it may take me quite a while but it will
occur, I can smell it. I will look towards simplifying its oversight if
I possibly can :-) And some day in the more distant future, Real
Programmers will write the flowchart-style GUI!

--
Jonathan E. Brickman   jeb@email-addr-hidden   (785)233-9977
Hear us at http://ponderworthy.com -- CDs and MP3 now available!