Re: [LAU] Raspberry Pi2 crashes with jconvolver/jack/squeezelite/Squeezebox server

From: Jean Beauve <jean.beauve@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 28 2016 - 21:09:46 EET

Hello,

Just to report that, on the non RT kernel everything is running fine for
more that 24 hours non stop in Random mode playback (the worst situation).

Since 24 hours I run mono only (1 channel)
CPU0 = Squeezelite, nice=-10, Schedule Policy : SCHED_FIFO, Schedule
CPU2 = Jack, nice=-20, Schedule Policy : SCHED_FIFO, Schedule Priority :
85
CPU0-3 = Squeezebox Server, nice=-5, Schedule Policy : SCHED_FIFO,
Schedule Priority : 65
CPU3 = Everything else

Best Regards,
Jean

> On Saturday 27 February 2016, Jean Beauve wrote:
> > Anyway, I'll try again what you describe, as I also beleive that
> > locking tasks to core is better for Audio quality.
> that's rubbish, if your system runs through and you don't get any
> xruns it doesn't matter where the math is done, the quality solely
> depends on your soundcard.
>
> just my 2¢
> Gerhard

Cordialement,