[LAU] Kepler34 (seq24) testing

From: oli_kester <oli_kester@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 01 2016 - 20:34:12 EET

Hey all,

So after lots of learning (and a bit of development!) I've now implemented a few of the first features for Kepler34, my project based on seq24.

If you'd like to test, please download the master branch from here -

https://github.com/oli-kester/kepler34

The most significant new feature is an overhaul of how the song/live modes work. There is now no user preference between the two - the functionality is still there, but is now split contextually across the two play buttons -

1) Live mode - Triggered by clicking the green play button in the main window. This behaves just like the live mode in seq24; you can manually trigger loops as you wish.

2) Song mode - Triggered by clicking the blue play button in the song editor. This causes the program to play the song editor's data (as with the old song mode), but sequences can still be toggled in the main window to allow for live improvised changes.

I have created a new blue play icon for the song editor to reflect these differences in functionality.

There is now also a record button in the song editor - when this is enabled, any changes to sequence playback in the main window are drawn into the song editor. This allows you to set out a whole track just by recording live sequence triggers.

I have also moved the config file into the .config folder, changed the default value for manual alsa ports, and added a recent files list.

Hope this makes sense. If anything doesn't, just ask for clarification. Feedback on the features and implementation would be massively appreciated!

Next I'll be working a single window mode into the GUI, and darkening the overall look and feel. There is a rough plan of the project features here -

https://github.com/oli-kester/kepler34/wiki/Roadmap

Thanks for your support!

Best,

Oliver