Re: [LAU] Building an Open Source keyboard rig

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 03 2016 - 12:07:05 EET

On 03/02/2016 09:53 PM, Ben Bell wrote:
> I figure some sort of Mini/Nano ATX with SSD, stripped back systemd boot, Jack,
> LinuxSampler, a reasonable low-latency multiple output soundcard... some
> leftoevers for good quality sample libraries...
>
> Let your imagination run wild... how would *you* build a Tux Stage 2 EX?

Just like you say ;) I wouldn't base it on an embedded ARM board but
would indeed go for something a bit more powerful and X86-64 based. For
booting I'd look at booting from RAM (maybe using Puppy Linux or
something like Debirf). Soundcard will probably be USB so a good USB
implementation on the mobo is key.

Best,

Jeremy