Re: [LAU] Building an Open Source keyboard rig

From: Ben Bell <bjb-linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 04 2016 - 22:20:02 EET

On Thu, Mar 03, 2016 at 08:15:46PM +1100, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> If you don't need a visual environment then you can run without X. I have
> servers online running this way. They don't even have sound cards and use
> jack -dummy instead. Everything can be controlled by external hardware
> and/or command line fu.
This is definitely more what I had in mind. I don't want to be dealing with
a computer, I want it to feel like an instrument. So controlled by MIDI and
maybe something like Arduino-powered controllers and feedback (display,
LEDs).

> If you want to save yourself time and hassle buy a prebuilt manufactured
> solution.
Do you mean a prebuilt audio PC of some sort, or did you just mean a normal
off the shelf workstation synth keyboard?

bjb