Re: [LAU] Building an Open Source keyboard rig

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 05 2016 - 17:53:09 EET

On Sat, 5 Mar 2016, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> It's simply not the domain of Linux to replace stage gear. Imagine you
> would follow Len's tip, to use an USB "Qwerty"-keyboard as the remote
> control. On stage? A 20 meter long USB cable, IOW longer than USB norm

Remote control? certainly not! Local control for a headless box only. Blue
tooth KB or wiimote might do remote work, but USB is not suited. My
thought in meantioning the keyboard was that just because the keys have
charactors on them does not mean each key can not be used as a function
key. Possibly only a numeric keypad would be enough to control the
mini-box-of-stuff. And it would be permanently attached. The idea of
midifying the keys at all is a matter of making it compatible with synth
control, but any other control (OSC) would work too. In the end I would be
looking for something in the form factor of a MOD. A metal box with a few
buttons and a display.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net