[LAU] hdsploader thinking my multiface is a digiface

From: Peter P. <peterparker@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 08 2016 - 13:43:05 EET

Hi list,

trying to get my RME HDSP Multiface to work more reliably with Debian
testing, and upon trying to load the firmware into the interface,
hdsploader thinks it is a Digiface and posts:

hdsploader - firmware loader for RME Hammerfall DSP cards
Looking for HDSP + Multiface or Digiface cards :
Card 0 : HDA Intel MID at 0xf2520000 irq 42
Card 1 : RME Hammerfall DSP at 0xf0000000, irq 19
Upload firmware for card hw:1
Unable to open file
'/usr/share/alsa/firmware/hdsploader/digiface_firmware_rev11.bin' for reading
Card 29 : ThinkPad Console Audio Control at EC reg 0x30, fw 6QHT26WW-1.07

This happens now and then and I am hence unable to load the firmware.
Replugging, power cycling, frowning, sometimes it works the 6th attempt.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks & cheers,