Re: [LAU] [ANN] jack-select 0.1 beta 1 release

From: Christopher Arndt <chris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 15 2016 - 18:05:30 EET

Am 15.03.2016 um 16:50 schrieb Robin Gareus:
> For reference, you can directly interact with qjactctl as well:
> [...]
> The above also works with jack1 (since qjackctl provides the dbus
> interface).

Yes, that would require to have qjackctl runing as well, wouldn't it?

jack-select just uses the QjackCtl presets, because I didn't want to
invent a new jack settings configuration file format and it has a nice
GUI to define the settings.

Ideally, the authors of cadence, qjackctl, ardour, rosegarden and
whatnot would agree on one configuration file format and location for
JACK's settings and presets based on it, so the presets could be shared
among all programs.

Chris