Re: [LAU] Music Made With Linux - Evergreen - Come Around

From: Glen MacArthur <info@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 20 2016 - 19:47:38 EET

Hi,

No EQ is on the guitars, simply a slightly off-axis SM57 on the cabinet
and an Apex 415 LD Condenser in the room and the room mic is only for a
touch of ambience. I haven't worked with Vox AC amps prior to this and I
kind of agree with you, their sound is an acquired taste, they have earned
their place in guitar amplifier history and been used on a lot of classic
recordings and shows but they are not my favorite either, on the other
hand naturally the guys want to use their own gear and have made
considerable investments in buying these amps so 'the customer is always
right' as they say :).