[LAU] Multi-input streaming

From: James Greenlee <james@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 22 2016 - 16:53:20 EET

I'm looking to setup something to take multiple inputs from a audio interface (say 8 channels) and then encode those inputs to several (MP3?) streams and send them to a icecast server for distribution.

I've used darkice/icecast on the same system with the built-in sound card (2 inputs), and now I want to ramp that up to say 8 inputs / streams.

I'd prefer this to be as close to real-time as possible, and all CLI/scriptable.

Any thoughts?