Re: [LAU] Ardour: exporting woes

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 24 2016 - 22:24:12 EET

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 05:51:27PM -0500, Chris Caudle wrote:
> On Wed, March 23, 2016 5:40 pm, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> > Another simple fact is that half a year later Jack1 still
> > runs clients in the wrong order if you are unlucky.
>
> Paul applied this patch recently in preparation for a new jack1 release:
> http://lists.jackaudio.org/private.cgi/jack-devel-jackaudio.org/2016-February/000337.html
>
> There seems to be a regression related to the changes.
>
> http://lists.jackaudio.org/private.cgi/jack-devel-jackaudio.org/2016-March/000362.html
>
> I am sure the developers would appreciate debugging help.

I just compared current git with my local version.

It seems that some changes which I made ** and which were
not whitespace or layout ** have been removed from the patch
or reverted later. Probably because someone failed to understand
why they were necessary.

I've been running the version with the full patches for half
a year now, both at home and at work, and with some very
challenging graphs. It has always worked perfectly.

Conclusion: I have been wasting my time.

Ciao,

--
FA