[LAU] asoundrc

From: Ben Edwards <ben@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 01 2016 - 02:37:02 EEST

Hi, hope I am asking in the correct place here.

I have a Creative E-MU 0044 and it seems to work fine.

arecord -l gives me:

*/card 1: USB [E-MU 0404 | USB], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]/*
*/ Subdevices: 1/1/*
*/ Subdevice #0: subdevice #0/*

I seem to be able to record

*/$ arecord -t wav -r 44100 -c 2 -f S24_3LE -D hw:1,0 mon.wav/*

*/Recording WAVE 'mon.wav' : Signed 24 bit Little Endian in 3bytes, Rate
44100 Hz, Stereo

/*I wish to use this card with darkice (internet audio streaming) but
darkice doe not seem to like 24bit interface cards.

I believe that I can do something in .asoundrc (which I believe is a
ALSA config file that sits in my home directory), to convert the 24bit
device to a 16bit device.

I think I could setup a alsa device called e_mu_16 whitch would be the
same as hw:1,0 but 16 bit.

Any help with this would be really appreciated.

Kind regards,
Ben

--
*Ben Edwards, Video Editor/Colorist & Cameraman*
w:www.funkytwig.com t. 01179 118 144 m.:07773 02 44 82