Re: [LAU] asoundrc

From: Ben Edwards <ben@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 01 2016 - 04:17:55 EEST

On 01/04/2016 00:50, Ffanci Silvain wrote:
> Ben Edwards, Apr 1 2016:
>> I believe that I can do something in .asoundrc (which I believe is a
>> ALSA config file that sits in my home directory), to convert the
>> 24bit device to a 16bit device.
> Have you tried plughw as a device:
> plughw:1,0
> The plug or plughw allows for some automatic conversions. Otherwise
> would you consider JACK - the JACK Audio Connection Kit?

OK, had a look at http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Asoundrc.
Seems I need to use a slave.

Is this correct?

pcm_slave.sl3 {
     pcm "hw:1,0"
     format S16_LE
     channels 2
     rate /44100 /
}
pcm.complex_convert {
     type plug
     slave sl3
}

Not sure exactly what S16_LE. Cant find a list of the formats. Or is
this the format of the card, not the format I want.

Not against using jack but only if I have to. It seems more complex and
I am very new to al this.

Ben

--
*Ben Edwards, Video Editor/Colorist & Cameraman*
w:www.funkytwig.com t. 01179 118 144 m.:07773 02 44 82