Re: [LAU] io GNU/Linux 2016.02 out

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sun Apr 03 2016 - 14:47:00 EEST

On Sun, 3 Apr 2016 13:02:44 +0200, Dennis Schulmeister wrote:
>Hi Ralf,
>
>On Sun, 3 Apr 2016 12:49:25 +0200
>Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net> wrote:
>
>> I visited the website with Firefox running on an openbox session. The
>> whole openbox session became unresponsive
>
>Not quite as bad but similar with Firefox on Gnome. Interestingly
>Firefox uses less CPU than the Gnome browser (based on Webkit) but
>Webkit does a much better job at rendering the animated background.

Hi Dennis,

indeed, I can confirm this, when using QupZilla (WebKit version 538.1)
there aren't performance issues, however, with FF the animations are
shown too and IMO maintainers of a site should assume, that many users
will visit their site with FF.

Btw. QupZilla is my preferred browser, since it also provides a better
history, than Thunderbird, IceCat, PaleMoon and similar Thunderbirdish
browsers.

If I browse http://io.gnu.linux.free.fr/software.html the page is empty.

Regards,
Ralf