Re: [LAU] Linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 110, Issue 9

From: Alexandre DENIS <contact@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 08 2016 - 00:45:00 EEST

On Thu, 7 Apr 2016 14:12:54 +0200
Stéphane Letz <letz@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> This component is a *driver* that is going to be run a the beginning
> to each cycle:
>
> - inputs of the driver (= outputs from clients connected to it) from
> the *previous* cycle will indeed be copied to the outputs of the
> driver (= inputs from clients connected to it)

That's precisely what I had missed, thanks.

I did some tests with a long pipeline, and inserting a loopback roughly
in the middle actually decreases DSP load. Looks like a good solution
to distribute DSP load across cores when the original graph cannot be
run in parallel.

For jackdbus, I didn't use -L on command-line, but jack_control asd
loopback.

-a.