Re: [LAU] Fluidsynth: map each channel to individual jack audio output

From: Lorenzo Sutton <lorenzofsutton@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 27 2016 - 00:08:00 EEST

On 26/04/16 15:46, Lorenzo Sutton wrote:

> On 26/04/2016 12:22, Tito Latini wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 09:49:43AM +0200, Lorenzo Sutton wrote:
>>> As I also wrote on the Fluidsynth dev list I'm essentially after two
>>> possible use cases:
>>> 1. Record different instruments from a "general midi" soundfont (on
>>> different midi channels) independently e.g. in Ardour on a track per
>>> instrument.
>>> 2. Record drums from a drum soundfont independently to their own track
>>> in the DAW (Ardour). In that case I would be sequencing each drum on its
>>> own (MIDI) channel.
>>>
>>> I'm not sure if / how -L might help on 2. as there still doesn't seem to
>>> be a way to route a (midi) channel to an audio output.

[...]

Well I tested this and it definitely works!

Essentially it all boils down to using the -L switch.
Indeed the mapping is fixed (chan 1 -> output 1) and will wrap around if
you have N < 16 (e.g. with 10 audio outputs chan 11 will start again on
output l_00 / r_00), but I guess one can live with that once you know
the logic.

Thanks again Tito for the detailed explanations and great tip ;)

Lorenzo.