Re: [LAU] ZynAddSubFX Usability Survey

From: Neil C Smith <neilcsmith.net@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 29 2016 - 19:31:48 EEST

On 29 April 2016 at 17:18, Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Since the days of the Acorn Archimedes,

Ah, you're making me nostalgic! ;-) Every desktop has been playing
catchup ever since.

> everything I use has had independent
> windows that can be placed where *I* want them, and instantly rolled up to just
> the title bar. From what I've observed I can work much faster than people using
> single panel programs with any degree of complexity.

Every decent UI toolkit these days should provide the ability to
undock / drag out window elements. I actually disagree with the idea
of multiple windows by default, I just want to be able to drag out /
undock the elements that make sense *to me at a particular time* to be
in a separate window. That isn't a Zyn-specific point - using
multiple monitors it's particularly annoying to be forced to use a
single window.

2c

Best wishes,

Neil