Re: [LAU] ZynAddSubFX Usability Survey

From: <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 01 2016 - 04:13:48 EEST

On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 23:07:07 +0200
Christopher Arndt <chris@chrisarndt.de> wrote:

> Am 28.04.2016 um 15:11 schrieb Mark McCurry:
> > Here's a short survey on the topic:
> >
> > http://goo.gl/forms/st8xv3s2I9
>
> A remark about question one:
>
> "Are you willing to pay for the 3.0.0 UI rewrite when it is released?"
>
> I truthfully and unashamedly answered this (the way it is worded) with
> "No". I never buy software when it is new and only when I have the
> opportunity to test it (or a demo version which isn't too crippled)
> with my rig for a sufficient amount of time.

I have spent many 100 dollars on software synths made by u-he (their
officially unsupported Linux versions, which works great) and why,
because they have sounds with feelings. Deepness. And there are some
people out there making (and selling... ) great patches. These are not
hyped C64 sounds. They are humane, real.

> Then again, I prefer hardware synths anyway and bought only a couple
> of synth plugins (for windows), which I seldom use.

I also did. But then I was very impressed by the u-he synths. Such
feeling.

And I have no problem saying this here because it should stimulating
for the open source community. Why is it that when deep sound
algorithms are found, that it goes closed source ? I think it is
because of the found value in expression. Human expression. Although
yes, to make Bazille make farting sounds is (hyperventilating) funny,
there is a universe of expression beyond that.

Not sure the above make sense :)

Cheers, Tschüß.