Re: [LAU] Soundcraft Signature 22 MTK mixer/interface

From: Joe Hartley <jh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 01 2016 - 16:46:27 EEST

On Sun, 1 May 2016 15:26:08 +0200
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net> wrote:

> Thank you for reporting back :). I was waiting for your report and will
> read it later today or tomorrow :).

I had gotten the mixer and immediately had to go out of town. I'd literally
fall asleep in the hotel running over the channel strip layout in my head!

I'd had my doubts about pushing that much data over USB, but it was a
prejudicial holdover from the 1.0 days. This is rock-solid, no xruns with
24 channels recorded and getting sent back over 8+ hours, 5.33ms round-trip
latency!

I have no idea how they are doing it at this price point. I suspect that
the board will catch on like wildfire and the price will go up.

OK, I'll stop gushing for a bit - today I'm testing out stability while
mixing via TouchDAW on a tablet.