Re: [LAU] #musicmadewitlinux - Chopin Nocturnes

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Wed May 04 2016 - 12:54:37 EEST

On Mon, 2 May 2016 00:06:35 +0200 (CEST), Ffanci Silvain wrote:
>Patrick Shirkey, May 1 2016:
>> On Mon, May 2, 2016 12:07 am, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
>>> On Sun, May 01, 2016 at 05:08:54PM +1000, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>>>
>>> Unique effect indeed: horrible, without any musical content at
>>> all.
>Hey hey,
>in a way I find myself agreeing with Fons. But looking through the
>archives, I've seen that you've been around for a while and I'm sure,
>that you know of all the software, that's out there. So you must make
>it a conscious choice to work in the "trash" genre. I haven't heard
>one piece yet, that I found purely enjoyable. So I ask myself why? I'm
>curious: what are your intentions? How do you approach music or art in
>general? What is important for you? Does art have to fullfill a
>certain function? In short: what makes you tick, when it comes to your
>own music? ...

For that kind of music, made for this kind of video, it's ok, IMO just
too long, half of the length IMO would be better. At the moment I've
got issues with the headphone output of my RME card. In the background
I heard too loud computer noise, but in combination with the music it
sounded like singing birds and it fit good into the music and video.

It's not really my kind of music, but it's not too bad, I heard less
good music made by John Zorn and Mike Patton.

A prophet has no honor in his own country. The weird thing of Patrick's
interpretation is ok, assumed his name would be John Zorn, Fred Frith or
similar, but becomes an affront without a famous name.

What I dislike is, that it reminds me to much of art academy
students, trying to do film academy homework. Once the father of a
former girlfriend and I were bored as hell, because we watched a whole
evening films made by art academy students and training staff, but it
was definitively not their domain. The issue usually is, that
everything would be fine, if the films and music would be half as long
or even shorter.

2 Cents,
Ralf