Re: [LAU] MIDI controllable video player

From: Edgar Aichinger <edgar.aichinger@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 04 2016 - 15:00:09 EEST

Am Mittwoch, 4. Mai 2016, 12:23:26 CEST schrieb Michael Jarosch:
> Hi there!
>
> For my work as an event technician, the use of an MIDI-controllable
> video player would ease my life. I don't mean xjadeo, which can sync to
> mtc - wich is cool, but doesn't fit to my setup. I mean something like
> playing a note on a keyboard signals the player to play, pause or stop
> the video, another note to switch to the next video in the playlist,
> and so on...
>
> Maybe, there's already a plugin for mplayer or xine that can do this?
> My experiments with vlc didn't succeed...

Maybe it's complete overkill but qlcplus (lighting control software) can do that too.

Basically it would work like this:
First you go to the I/O tab, and set up your MIDI input device, then go to the functions tab and add a "video" function, and finally add a button in the virtual console; the video function then can be assigned to this button, and an arbitrary midi message can trigger the button in playback mode. all the assignments, including "MIDI learn" autodetecting, are done in the button's properties dialog, accessed by double clicking the button in design mode.

HTH,

Edgar