Re: [LAU] Tilt EQ

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Wed May 04 2016 - 20:22:28 EEST

On Wed, 4 May 2016 19:06:05 +0200, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
>On 05/04/2016 03:27 PM, Alessio Degani wrote:
>> Hi list,
>> I need a simple tilt equalizer but I can't find one in ladspa/lv2
>> directories.
>> Form my needs I think that a tilt eq with simple "tilt" parameter
>> should be enough. A "tilt frequency" would be a plus.
>
>Can anyone educate this old man as to what a tilt EQ does?

You and I never ever would use it. If you would, you should get rid of
being Tonmeister VDT. Reminds me of another thread on another mailing
list, were I mentioned that there really, really seems to be the need to
write a Wiki about the Q parameter.

Use a search engine.

Perhaps this picture explains enough:

http://www.tonelux.com/images/tilt%20eq%20sm.jpg

Around a centre frequency you reduce/gain the left/right side of the
frequency spectrum.

There's absolutely no need to know this for professional audio
engineering, this is for another target group.

Regards,
Ralf