Re: [LAU] Tilt EQ

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Wed May 04 2016 - 23:37:03 EEST

On Wed, 4 May 2016 22:14:31 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>On Wed, 4 May 2016 22:00:34 +0200, Alessio Degani wrote:
>>I'm searchin for a plugin that does this with one "tilt" knob instead
>>of using two gains :)
>
>I never tested, used it or ever will do so, but linked to a free VST
>EQ and how native Windows VSTs might be used with Linux.
>
>As a side note, to gain some frequencies is "quasi" equal to
>reducing the other frequencies. Using two shelving filters isn't
>required, assumed the tilt knob shouldn't do some fishy obscure
>symmetry.

The impression of loudness is another issue, but depends to the audio
source. E.g. frequencies are gained that are available and at the
same time frequencies are reduced that aren't available vs frequencies
are gained that are available and at the same time frequencies are
reduced that are available, let alone auditory sensation. You anyway
need to adjust the changed frequency gain in relation to the overall
loudness impression. The combination of EQing and compression is very
tricky. If you should be less familiar with the interaction of EQs and
compression, I recommend to mix a song with EQing only and at the end
to add or nor add compression.