Re: [LAU] Isao Tomita

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Thu May 12 2016 - 19:28:40 EEST

On Thu, 12 May 2016 15:32:06 +0200, Carlos sanchiavedraZ wrote:
>Many spanish people would always remember his beautiful version of
>Arabesco #1, as it was the music for a TV program for kids years ago.
>I guess some of the discovered later that it was a Debussy version and
>maybe started to review classic music.

I tried hard not to chime in, but now I can't resist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO5F0kKEfrs

The German title song definitively isn't from him, but as you can see
from 0:20 to 0:24 he's mentioned as the composer of the series music.

I was born end of 1966, so in the beginning of 1977 I was 10 years old.
All the children off my age watched Kimba. In Germany it was shown on
TV with the beginning of 1977 (I don't remember exactly, but Wiki
claims so), hence it was the first anime I'm aware off, that became
popular in Germany. Btw. Kimba was the first full-colour anime series
ever [1], but that days not everybody necessarily had a colour TV.

At that time Oxygène from Jean Michel Jarre was released. So this album
and of course https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjxNnqTcHhg were more
popular among my generation, than Isao Tomita. Even Switched-On Bach
wasn't popular among my Generation. Classic played with synth for us
became popular with Sky's Toccata, but that were already the 80th.

I guess most people knowing Isao Tomita, know him from television.

Regards,
Ralf

[1]
https://books.google.de/books?id=E03KBgAAQBAJ&pg=PT1638&lpg=PT1638&dq=helene+mccarthy+kimba&source=bl&ots=oBHP3kn3KT&sig=FwjQQgoVVAJpXPY-7se4t53Is7o&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjrxqOE9dTMAhUJDywKHSdJDOAQ6AEIOjAK#v=onepage&q&f=false