Re: [LAU] [Music] 3 Contrafacta

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 23 2016 - 13:39:57 EEST

Hi Steve,

On 05/21/2016 12:39 PM, S D wrote:

> On May 21, 2016 8:09 AM, "Dave Phillips" <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden
> <mailto:dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>> wrote:
> >
> > Greetings,
> >
> > Took a break from a scoring project. Music for a gray rainy morning
> in NW Ohio.
> > https://soundcloud.com/davephillips69/3-contrafacta
> > Reworking three preludes by Alexander Scriabin.
> >

> Very nice, Dave! Quite a few nice musical ideas in those three
> studies. Thanks for sharing and posting the links to them. :-)
>
> Best wishes,
> Steve

Thanks for the comments, Steve. I agree, some neat stuff popped up while
exploring those preludes, I might make use of some of those ideas in
later works. Reworking an existing composition is good exercise for me -
I learn more about the original while at the same time I get to work out
some creative impulses. Good fun all around.

Best,

dp